Available IPI Books

Monday, January 14, 2008

A Quick Update

I'm back from my short vacation and catching up on things, but wanted to throw up a quick update.

I am not sure or not if this has been reported on-line or in the papers, but the Winter Development Program roster has been released. It is as follows:

Three Week Players
1 Brown, Jordan
2 Choo, Shin-Soo
3 Constanza, Jose
4 Dixon, Kevin
5 Edell, Ryan
6 Finocchi, Michael
7 Gimenez, Chris
8 Goleski, Ryan
9 Head, Stephen
10 Huff, David
11 Stevens, Jeffrey
12 Tseng, Sung-Wei

One Week Players
1 Crowe, Trevor
2 Lewis, Scott
3 Lofgren, Chuck
4 Herr, Aaron
5 Nottingham, Shawn
6 Santos, Reid
7 Smith, Sean
8 Toregas, Wyatt

The Winter Development Program is designed to bring in some of the Indians better prospects to give them additional instruction in Cleveland as well as introduce them to the Cleveland area, and bring in guest speakers for practical and inspriational addresses.

Also, an interesting thing happened to me while I was in Vegas. While I was there I happened to bump into Quinn Mack, a former major league baseball player who played in the minors most of his career, and also happens to be the younger brother of Shane Mack, the former Minnesota Twins star. I talked to him for over two hours, and may share some of the stories and insights he provided if I get the chance and can recollect most of what he said. Great guy.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and responses via e-mail in regard to the Top 50+ Prospect List. I'll most likely do a wrapup of it here in the coming days, providing some opinions and final thoughts on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment