Available IPI Books

Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Prospect Book Update & More

With the start of the new year, it means another Cleveland Indians prospect book is on its way. For those wondering, I am happy to note that at the moment I am in the process of completing it.  I have been receiving a lot of emails and messages about when it will be available, and while I do not have a definite date when it will be available I just wanted to make a quick note today about it.

I had actually noted two weeks ago in my Sunday notes piece the progress of the book, but it may have been missed. In any case, the plan at the moment is to finish the book by the end of this month and send it to the publisher for printing. So with that in mind, I'd expect it to be available at the end of January or early February.

It is really quite involved re-writing and updating all the scouting reports from last season as well as writing new reports for some 50 new players from last year's draft, trades, waiver pickups, and Latin players coming stateside. In addition to that I have some new wrinkles in store for the new book which I hope people like! In all, expect over 160 scouting reports on just about every player in the system and tons of reference material to follow the entire organization in 2011.

Along with the new prospect book, I will also be starting my 2011 Top 50 Prospect countdown on the site. Like I have done in previous years, I will start from #50 and countdown each day from there until we reach #1 about mid-March. Unlike previous years though, I may only be posting a condensed version of the scouting reports and leave the full, detailed versions for those who purchase the book.  I'm not sure about that yet though.

To help preview the start of the countdown, I will be posting some organizational reports that site writer Jason Eddy has posted on the site message board the past week.  It is a very nice overview of each position that should be a good warmup act for the main act once the Top 50 countdown commences in the middle of next week.

As always, thanks for all of the support with the site and for reading. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know and I will try and incorporate them into the new book if possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment