Available IPI Books

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010 Prospect Rankings Update & More

Okay, time for a quick site update today touching on a bunch of different things:

**********

First off, I will be starting my countdown of the Indians Top 50 Prospects for 2010 either this coming Sunday or Monday. Once started, a new player will be revealed everyday until we reach #1 in early March.

Last year I counted down from the Top 100, but will not be doing that this year because I decided against ranking anyone past #50 because it is pretty pointless to rank anyone past the Top 50. The additional reports will not be posted on-line (at this time), and instead roughly 150 players not in the Top 50 will only be found in the upcoming book (more on that in a minute).

**********

Once the prospect countdown starts, I will be posting an IPI Inbox after every ten players posted. So, after players ranked #50-41, #40-31, #30-21, #20-11, and #10-1 post I will post an IPI Inbox answering questions posed by site readers. Since I do not put much of my own opinion into the scouting reports or explain why I put guys in certain orders, this is a good opportunity to provide my reasoning and explain the thought process I used when ranking guys. To submit a question for the IPI Inbox, just use the contact form at the top of the page. Or, those who have my email can send your question that way, though it should be noted the contact form I linked goes right into the same email. Questions can also be posted on the articles themselves in the comments section.

**********

Speaking of the IPI Inbox, I plan to post one sometime this weekend. Please submit any questions you would like answered for the piece by adding your question to the comments section of this post or use the contact form above.

**********

As for the new installment of the 2010 Indians Prospect Book, it is coming soon. I have been covering many different things in regard to the Indians this offseason, whereas in years past I mostly shut things down in the offseason and my time was 100% devoted to the prospect rankings (and book). So I have been somewhat delayed.  That said, I plan for the book to have even more information this year and cover close to 175-200 players in the Indians farm system, and am about 50% finished with it. I hope to have it completed by the end of January or beginning of February, which would make it available for purchase likely sometime in the next two to four weeks. Thanks for the interest, and I will provide more details as I move along in the completion process.

**********

Here is something interesting and different that I thought I would share. This past weekend, former Indians left-handed pitching prospect Chuck Lofgren was invited by Garth Brooks to his ranch in Nashville. During his visit, Lofgren ended up taking the stage with Brooks (on guitar) and Trisha Yearwood and sang "Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)". A pretty surprising performance from Lofgren as I didn’t know he had it in him. As always, much luck to him with his new team the Milwaukee Brewers (though a part of me selfishly hopes he returns to the Indians).

2 comments:

Sounds great Tony. I've been waiting for this, it's always a great precursor to the upcoming year. Good luck finishing!

You probably have the most complete listing of prospects that I've found for any organization. I love that you include the scouting reports as well, makes it so much easier to understand why these guys are ranked as high or low as they are.

I've been waiting for this for the past few months and I'm very excited to see how these guys rank.

Post a Comment