Available IPI Books

Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Smoke Signals" on TV

"Smoke Signals" returned this past Thursday January 28th, 2010 when Paul Cousineau and I hosted the show on SportsTime Ohio's daily program "All Bets Are Off With Bruce Drennan". Paul actually hosted the three hour show as a guest host while Drennan was on vacation, and did a heck of a job for his first time ever doing that. He had other guests on, and I joined him halfway through the show for an hour which gave the show a "Smoke Signals" feel to it.

One note when watching the videos....when we take the first call in video clip four my ear piece is not working so I cannot hear the call so have no idea what he is saying. Makes for a funny moment in that he directs a few questions to me and I stare blankly into the TV screen. In the 7th clip we get another call, and while my audio is now working in my ear piece, the darn thing won't stay in so I have to hold it in so I can hear. Good times!

Big thanks to Michael T. for converting the video and splitting it up into seven pieces in order to adhere to You Tube's requirement that a video be under 10 minutes. The video clips are listed in order below:













5 comments:

This is awesome that you posted the vids to the site! I can't wait until I can finish them all.

I just watched this off my DVR and I check you site every day. Thank you for your hard work and I can't wait to get the new book. You mean so much to so many tribe fans.

Just finished watching the videos, and I have to say well done.

Though I have to ask, Carrasco had some serious control issues to work out, but Rondon was otherwise good to go. Do you really think that Carrasco has more potential than Rondon as a starter, or do you think the Indians might try to work on Rondon's secondary pitches to move him into the rotation eventually?

Yeah, as I mentioned on the show, Rondon and Carrasco throw the same kind of fastball velocity-wise just Rondon has more life and commands it so well. But, the different between Rondon and Carrasco to me is Rondon has just two average secondary pitches and there is no guarantee either becomes a true weapon for him. Which is why I think he is destined for the bullpen at some point. Carrasco on the other hand has the plus fastball but also throws a devastating changeup and his breaking ball has plus potential. That's a separator for me and why I think Carrasco appears to have more of a future in the starting rotation than Rondon.

Post a Comment