Available IPI Books

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Return of Smoke Signals

It's been a quiet offseason for the Indians since they named Manny Acta as the new skipper, so we took the opportunity to take a little break from the weekly on-line radio show "Smoke Signals" that Paul Cousineau and I host every Thursday night. However, it is about time to dust off the show and start our coverage of the 2010 season for the Cleveland Indians.

Things are set to kick off again on Thursday January 28th, but not how you might think.

Instead of airing the show on-line, we are actually taking it to cable TV for our maiden broadcast of 2010. You see, Paul will be guest hosting and filling in for Bruce Drennan on SportsTime Ohio's daily sports talkshow "All Bets Are Off With Bruce Drennan" on January 28th from 3:00-6:00pm. During the show I will be coming on from 4:30-5:30pm, where we will spend a full hour talking about everything that is Indians baseball. The hour will certainly have a "Smoke Signals" feel to it, and most importantly we will be taking phone calls from fans.

After the cable TV broadcast we will return to the cyberwaves for our weekly show every Thursday starting on February 4th at the normal time of 9:30-10:30pm. We will review the offseason, and get set for the start of spring training. It will be another fun year, and we thank you for listening!

5 comments:

HAHA! All Bets Are Off hosted by you guys will run the risk of the show turning into a Paul/Tony tag team fight against the Cleveland.com crowd.

I'll be sure to tune in, good to know you will be coming back sooner than I expected for 2010!

-Clay

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if we get any regulars from our show or if we get the regulars from Bruce's show.:-)

Will this have any sort of webcast setup? The show sounds fantastic, however, I'm a displaced Ohioan and I'm pretty sure I wont be able to catch it on cable in Colorado

No webcast setup unfortunately. Cable contract STO has with Time Warner and others does not allow them to air shows online. I will try and "record" the TV with a camcorder and post it on You Tube shortly after it airs. As long as it is not the original broadcast feed, I can do that. Better than nothing I guess.

That would be awesome, thanks. I miss Cleveland baseball terribly and I'm really excited for the next group of youngsters coming up.

Post a Comment