Available IPI Books

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2009 Prospect Rankings & Book Coming Soon!

I have received many inquiries on when the rankings for the 2009 season will come out and if there will be another book this year and if so when it will be available. The quick answer to that is yes my 2009 Indians Top 50 Prospect list on the site is coming, and yes there will be another book.

At the moment, I am knee deep in finishing off all the scouting reports for what looks like around 125 players. I may rank up to 75 or 100 players, but right now I only plan to rank 50 with all the other players listed for informational purposes. Because of the additional scouting reports and research, along with the Rule 5 Draft which took up more time than I had anticipated, my goal to get the rankings and prospect book out by mid-December just is not going to happen.

Right now the planned timeline for the rankings and book is to kickoff the rankings New Year’s week, starting on Monday December 29th. I plan to start unveiling a lot of the honorable mentions and non-ranked players that week, and then start a daily countdown with #50 posting on Monday January 12th or 19th and counting down each day with a new prospect until #1 is reached sometime in early March. If I go with 75 ranked players, the ranking will likely start on January 5th.

One thing to note here is while all these scouting reports will be housed on this site by the end of March, they will all be available in the book which should be available for sale sometime in early-to-mid January. So, for those that want the early 1-2 month scoop on the rankings and scouting reports, or for those who just want all the prospect information in a neatly bound book, it will definitely be available again this year. I always get questions from readers on how they can support the site, well, buying the prospect book is about the best way you can show your support for what should cost no more than $15 out of pocket this year (including shipping) for a copy. Although I have to say I am not sure what the final cost will be since the book will be noticeably larger with around 50 more scouting reports and some additional other information pieces to be included which should make it 30-50 pages bigger.

I’ll have more firm details on all this by the end of the month, but I wanted to get those who are interested in the rankings up to speed. So expect more book news in the coming weeks, and the prospect rankings to kick up here real soon! Any questions or suggestions for the book/rankings, e-mail me at tlastoria@indiansprospectinsider.com or add a comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment