Available IPI Books

Monday, December 22, 2008

Prospect Rankings/Book Update #2

Just a real quick update on the prospect rankings and book since last week's update.

I was able to really make some headway last week on scouting reports for the upcoming Top 50 (or 75) ranking. I am still not sure if I will rank 50 players or rank them out to 75, but in either case the book is going to have over 100 in-depth scouting reports, all of which will eventually find their way on line before the start of the upcoming season.

However, not all of the material in the book will make its way to this website. As a bonus to those who buy the book, and for the diehards really, I will be including an additional 15-25 writeups on other players in the system for reference. These will be much smaller scouting reports and more like capsules (3-5 sentences). These will not be on anyone significant in the upper levels of the system, but more on some of the organizational players and some of the young Latin players and 2008 Draft picks I have some notes on but have not seen yet.

For those that bought the book last year or read the rankings here on the site, there will be roughly double the scouting reports from last year. As mentioned before, the plan is to do a daily countdown starting in early January, and count down to the #1 prospect which should be unveiled sometime in the middle of March. The plan right now is to start the countdown on Sunday January 4th, and the book should be available shortly after that.

I've received some great suggestions for the book, some of which are excellent ideas and that I will add to this year's book or next year's offering. I'll post more firm news on the book once I have a better idea when I should be sending it off for printing, and around then will be looking for preorders so I have an idea how many to order for the first shipment. Any questions or suggestions, email me at tlastoria@indiansprospectinsider.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment