Available IPI Books

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Book and Prospect Rankings Update #3

Okay, some more firm details on the upcoming prospect rankings and book.

First off, it will be a Top 100 ranking with full scouting reports for players from #1 all the way to #100. Players in the Top 50 will get the same treatment as last year with a very detailed and in-depth writeup of about 4-6 good sized paragraphs, while guys from #51-100 will get about two paragraphs (similar in size to my "just missed" guys last year).

I will be counting down from #100 to #1 over the course of the next two months, with the plan right now to start the countdown on Sunday January 11th. I will post two players everyday - one in the morning and one in the evening - all the way up to #50. So, on January 11th #100 and #99 will post, on January 12th #98 and #97 will post, etc. When we reach #50, I plan to start posting one a day to where #1 would be released on what looks like March 26th.

Now, the complete Top 100 will be available well in advance in my book which looks like will be available for purchase in mid-to-late January. Also, I will have another 25 players that did not make the Top 100 that will not be posted online at this time and that instead will be profiled in the book. So a total of 125 scouting reports will be in the book, as well as all sorts of other reference material. At the moment, I have 107 of the 125 scouting reports written and have all the notes for the other 18 players compiled to where it is now down to just condensing all the info down into a neat 3-6 paragraph report.

As I have mentioned before, I will have more firm details on the availability of the book and how to purchase it soon. Once I finish all the scouting reports and start formatting everything, I will have a lot better idea of when I will send it off to print. No idea at the moment on cost, but expect it to be no more than $15 with shipping and handling included. If you are interested in the book and have not done so already, please let me know and I will add you to my list of people I will be contacting once it is available. I can be reached at tlastoria@indiansprospectinsider.com .

Also, while I am here, for those that may be wondering I will be at spring training a little later this year. I will be arriving in Arizona on Thursday March 26th and will be attending practices and spring games in Goodyear from Friday March 27th through Saturday April 4th when camp breaks and will actually be returning home on Monday April 6th. I'll be out there for almost two weeks and can't wait. If anyone will be out there during that time, please feel free to contact me when the time is closer and I would love to meet at the field. I always enjoy meeting and talking with other fellow Indians fans, especially those who are minor league diehards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment