Available IPI Books

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Two Day Itinerary

Okay, having rested up after the beat down from a hot sun yesterday watching baseball in three different places for over 12 hours, here is a quick summary of what is to come in the final two camp reports on Thursday and Friday.

Tonight (Thursday morning), I will recap my Arizona Fall League (AFL) and Parallel League visit yesterday. I’ll summarize what was seen in both games, but I also talked to all of the players in the AFL briefly yesterday so will have some short writeups on each of them. The only two of the eight guys on the roster I did not talk to were Carlos Rivero since there was no Spanish interpreter available and Nick Weglarz. I have already talked to Weglarz on Monday and Tuesday since he is still in Goodyear working out with the team there and join the AFL team until Friday.

On Friday morning, I will recap what I saw in Instructional League the last two days here (Tuesday and Wednesday). Yesterday I talked to another scout from another team about some guys and he had some interesting things to say about some of the guys. I also talked to Joe Gardner, Kelvin De La Cruz, Matt Brown, and Greg Folgia so will have pieces on them. Today I will search out more scouts and people to talk to, and the one player I will certainly nab is Alex White. Depending on how much more I get I may split the Friday report into two reports on Friday and Saturday.

So there you have it. There really is a lot going on out here….and lots of new faces and players who disappeared this season because of injury. It’s good to catch up with the new guys for the first time and also touch base with the old guys to and see how they are doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment