Available IPI Books

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2009 Prospect Book Closeout Sale

With the 2009 season winding down, it is soon time to begin work on next year's prospect book. With that in mind, I have some inventory from the 2009 edition that I would like to part before that work starts.

If anyone is interested, I am selling the 2009 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects book for 50% off (while my supplies last). Up until now, the book was being sold for $14.99 plus shipping/handling for a grand total of $17.99 on all orders placed through me directly. Now, for anyone interested in picking up a copy or two the book is now only $7.49 each plus shipping/handling for a grand total of $9.99 for orders placed directly through me.

This is ONLY through me and not Amazon or anywhere else. Like I said, I have a few leftover copies so while my supplies last you can pick it up for $9.99 total out the door. If anyone is interested, you can send a payment via check or credit card via PayPal to my e-mail address of tlastoria@gmail.com. Just be sure to include your full address and any special instructions when ordering. If you would like to email me with any questions or to verify anything before ordering, please feel free to do so.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Hi I just found our site in the middle of the season. I can't believe I never knew of it until now. Your site is great. When do you typically release your prospect books during the off-season? What sort of information do they contain, player profiles, a system profile, that sort of thing? I look forward to reading your 2010 guide.

Brendan, thanks for the kind words. Yes, the yearly prospect book has traditionally been released around Jan/Feb that season. As an example this past year's offering was completed and available at the end of January. For the 2010 version I am shooting to have it ready for print as soon as the Rule 5 Draft ends (Dec 10th) and be available for purchase the second week of December.

Here is most of what is in the book:

http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/2009/01/2009-cleveland-indians-top-100.html

One big change this year is I will only rank 1-50, but will still have around 200 players profiled in the book. My goal is to have almost every stateside player profiled with at least a snapshot scouting report. Last year I had scouting reports for 125+ players, and my goal this year is 150-200 including the top 7-10 guys in the DSL.

Tony,

I think it's a good idea to revert the rankings back to 50 and just have profiles for the rest, especially since after the Top 30-40 or so the waters get so murky and every player kind of meshes together.

No matter what, keep up the good work, and thanks for this site, really helps me get through the work day!

Thanks JT. Yeah, was my thinking as well for dumping rankings from 51-100. Sorta pointless to rank one guy 92nd and one 93rd. haha

Instead, I will rank and profile heavily the top 50 guys, and then have writeups/reports on the other 100 or so guys and list them in alphabetical order.

Post a Comment