Available IPI Books

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Indians' 4th round pick

David Roberts, RHP Long Beach State - This guy is so unknown the MLB site doesn't even have a video or scouting report on him and he isn't even listed among the top 176 prospects in the freakin' state of California and he is good enough to be the 141st overall selection in the draft?

He pitched all of 27 innings as a reliever this year and yet he is worth the 141st selection in this draft.

I mean, you HAVE to be freakin' kidding me, right?

FUBAR. Total and utter FUBAR.

These guys should all be fired before tomorrow's second day of the draft. I mean, you could have done better with this pick picking a good college senior sign. Wasn't Josh Satin from Cal still on the board?

1 comments:

I don't understand why we give Baseball America so much credit. Why do we assume that their writers do a more accurate job of analyzing players than entire scouting departments of the actual major league organizations? I would say that a large difference between where BA says a guy should be drafted and when that player is actually drafted should be considered a poor judgment by BA. I'm not saying that I think the Indian's draft has been perfect, because i agree much of it is a crapshoot. But I just think we read Baseball America like it's the Bible when it comes to baseball.

Post a Comment