Available IPI Books

Friday, June 6, 2008

Something To Add

I'm not a draft guy, which is why Denny is here. I wasn't too upset about any pick, but that is moreso because I don't know anything about these guys and rely on insight from those like Denny and from any scouts I talk to.

Denny knows this stuff inside and out, and from his comments he likes Chisenhall's bat and potential, but felt it was an overdraft. This very well may be the case with the picks from yesterday, but maybe not the 1st rounder. Just to bring some balance to the first round pick, I had a conversation with a top scout for a rival major league team this morning and he said this about the Chisenhall pick:

"Every team had Chisenhall going in the first round, and at least half the clubs considered him one of the top bats in the country. Everyone knew he wasn't going to make it through the supplemental first round. They got extreme value for where they were picking, and I think everyone had the guy ranked low b/c of the off-field issues. But I'm telling you, there is so much upside in that lefthanded bat--he's going to be a good one."

So just thought I would forward that along. No one is right or wrong here. It is way too early to really grade any pick. It is just about providing info and letting people make their own opinions here, which is what me, Denny, and really this scout is doing right now.

By the way, while I am here, there is a rumor that Scott Lewis will be activated today and fill the spot in Akron left vacant after David Huff was promoted to Buffalo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment