Available IPI Books

Saturday, July 26, 2008

McBride Sent To Kinston

Just got back from my all morning visit in Winter Haven with the GCL Indians. After yesterday's game the Indians sent catcher Matt McBride to Kinston. He is on his way there right now and should be activated sometime in the next day or so. First baseman Todd Martin will also be sent to Kinston today after the game.

I had a chance to speak with manager Rouglas Odor and pitching coach Steve Lyons about a myriad of players, and will have all the info in this coming week's Minor Happenings which should be dominated with GCL Indians coverage. I also had a chance to interview LHP T.J. McFarland, LHP Chris Jones, OF Bo Greenwell, and OF Kevin Rucker, so look for pieces on them in the coming weeks. McFarland's interview was very short since he was getting ready for the game, so he'll likely be a part of Minor Happenings as well this week.

The GCL Indians are off tomorrow, but will be back in action on Monday in Clearwater, FL, where I plan to see them in action again.

4 comments:

You go all that way and don't get to talk to McBride.... just typical! haha

Looks like catching in Kinston just got crowded. I expect Martinez, who I hoped you would tell me more about, will be sent back to Lake or used at 1B if Mills is moved. Interesting problem.

And now the Tribe just got another catcher (Santana) in the Casey Blake trade.

Heh, I actually will get to speak to McBride. I'll see Kinston in about ten days and will surely talk to him then! LOL.

I gotta spend more time on this trade tonight and see how we faired. This Carlos Santana guy sounds interestng.

Post a Comment