Available IPI Books

Monday, July 21, 2008

Mid-Day Update 7/21

Some callups to announce....

LHP Kelvin De La Cruz has been promoted to Kinston. No word yet on who will be replacing De La Cruz on the roster and in the Lake County rotation, but a good possibility could be RHP Paolo Espino moving back to a starter and someone from Mahoning Valley moving up into the bullpen (Rieck?).

RHP Frank Herrmann has been re-activated in Akron and outfielder Ryan Goleski was re-assigned to Kinston. Gotta say Goleski's days are numbered in the system, and this is more to fill in for Nick Weglarz who will be leaving the team this weekend for the Olympics.

RHP Brendan Donnelly was officially called up to Buffalo today. To make room for him, RHP J.D. Martin was sent to Akron.

Also, I like to peruse the message
boards of different sites to offer up assistance to questions people have on prospects and things of that nature. Was interesting to find out today that Scout.com (Indians Ink) revoked my privileges to view their forums and also help assist other fans with questions they have. Guess I should be flattered they view me as such a threat to their operation. Heh. Anyway, for those that like to talk prospects on-line, I can be found most often on TheClevelandFan.com message boards in the Indians section here. Feel free to sign up and join in on the discussion.

7 comments:

Funny, that indians ink guy always feels the need to comment here and publicize his own site..... That you are a threat just shows you have likely surpassed them in content and quality. Bravo.

I'm surprised Indians Ink took time off from their alliteration brainstorming sessions. Classic headlines like "Huff has stuff to be tough" don't come easy.

Tony, I'm happy to see De La Cruz moving up but I'm starting to share some of your frustrations with the dead weight log jam at AAA.

JD Martin gets demoted after putting up these numbers? 10 innings, 1.80 ERA, .171 BAA, 8 Ks, 2 BBs.

Meanwhile, we've got Jason Cooper and Jason Tyner sucking wind in AAA, while Roman Pena is tearing up Lake County in his second season there. And you can make an argument for sending any Akron OF to Buffalo -- including Goleski just to see if he'd respond to a new challenge. But instead, we keep Tyner and his .595 OPS (!!!) in Buffalo, send Goleski to Kinston, and keep Pena in Lake County.

Also, why is Tomlin still in Kinston? He's almost 24 years old, and the stats show he needs a new challenge. A WHIP below 1.00, 73 Ks and 9 BBs in 76 innings to go with a 3.29 ERA and .239 BAA. I understand coddling the kid Rondon, but why Tomlin? He even pitched well in a spot start for Buffalo.

By the way, who's getting bumped from the Kinston rotation?

Heh, yeah, they completely locked me out of their site (IP block). Classic. It is what it is.....people know where to find me by now I guess.:-)

As for Martin, I can't explain that one. That was the transaction they made today, although it is possible it was just one of those paper moves and Martin is reactivated in Buffalo here in a couple days and never actually left. We'll see here when Martin pitches next. But, clearly, he needs to pitch in Buffalo. Although, I don't see much difference between Buffalo and Akron these days, and almost prefer our prospects be in Akron.

No word on who is getting bumped from Kinston, but perhaps with Nottinham's strong showing he will be promoted to Akron. As for Tomlin, I certainly agree. Great kid, and just a winner....he'll be in Akron before the end of the season.

God forbid a Scout website let someone get any information without shelling out some money.

That's a real cheap move on their part. Their loss though.

Scout is stupid for doing so...your stuff is AWESOME!!! I look forward to it everyday as it is easily the best place to find Indian's minor league info. Scout should be scared.

Thanks for all you do man!

I hope no one thinks I have anything to do with indians ink or scout. Haven't read for a long time. Just a nickname a friend gave me on the ABJ site. I am picky about where I blog and this is my favorite site.

Post a Comment