Available IPI Books

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mid-Day Upate 7/23


Just a quick mid-day update. No news....just a quick update on the site.

As I have alluded to over the last week, tonight I head out for a two week trip that is part vacation and part baseball related. During this time, I may be slow to respond to e-mails and comments here on the site, especially for the next 24-36 hours while I make my way down to Florida. But, as always, I will respond to all e-mails and comments ASAP.

I'll be in Winter Haven from Thursday evening until late Saturday, and during my time there I plan to see the GCL Indians. It is my hope that while I am there I will get a chance to talk to some of the guys in extended like Matt McBride, Todd Martin, and Adam Miller to see how their progress is going as they return from injury. Also, I plan to talk to several of the new young players playing for the GCL team which I will watch play on Saturday and also on Monday in Clearwater, FL. If anyone has a burning question they want asked/answered, let me know and I will see what I can do. Also, if there is a player you would really like to know more about in the GCL, let me know as well. There are so many of them, and this is a "get to know them" session for me too as I know almost none of them since 90% are new draft picks or Latin guys.

From there, I'll be on vacation in the Clearwater area for a week (I'll still be on-line daily though). I leave Sunday August 3rd and will actually be heading to Myrtle Beach, SC for three days to see Kinston in action there. While I am there, I am 50/50 that I will make the trip up to Durham, NC (about 3 hours away) on Monday the 4th to see Team USA and Team Canada play each other in an Olympic exhibition game. I'll be back home late Wednesday August 6th where things hopefully get back to normal.

Between now and then, nothing on this site will change. Aside from my hiatus here the next 24-36 hours while I drive straight through and then sleep to recover, I'll be on-line most every night. I have several player articles ready to go, and a good freind of mine (Darren) will be doing a lot of the daily recaps while I am away. He has already posted a few this week, and does a great job. So this site will continue to be updated daily and player articles will post about every other day.

Oh, and as a note, Minor Happenings will not post until Saturday this week. It should post first thing in the morning. There is just no way with the travel and all that that I can post it in its normal Thursday slot.

Thanks again for reading, like I said above, if there is anyone in the GCL or even Kinston you'd like me to focus on more during my visit, please let me know! See you all in Florida.

P.S. Be on the lookout for news on an Indians Minor League radio show I'll be doing one night a week. Everything is set to go, so a good chance when I return home it will debut. Should be an hour to an hour and a half on Thursday nights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment