Available IPI Books

Monday, July 7, 2008

More Random Sabathia Trade Notes

The headliner in the Sabathia trade, OF/1B Matt LaPorta, will make his Indians debut in Akron on Tuesday night. A press conference is scheduled at 5pm on Tuesday in the Akron dugout, and I'll be there for it as well as to see LaPorta in his first game action as a member of the Indians. I may even go back on Wednesday night since the media circus will have died down, and I can maybe get a more private interview with him.

In regard to the player to be named later (PTBNL), the player we get is expected to be the second best piece in this deal and one of the Brewers top prospects. Indians GM Mark Shapiro has confirmed that only two players are being considered, of which the Indians have until the end of the regular season to make a decision on. Shapiro would not provide the names of the two players, but third baseman Taylor Green is all but confirmed to be one of them. The other one is not known or confirmed yet, but the rumor is that it is outfielder Michael Brantley.

2 comments:

Tony,
I'm not sure how I'll recognize you, but I hope to see you in Akron tomorrow. Hopefully the crowd gives this kid a standing O. Tomorrow is 2 for Tuesday at Canal Park, so you'll get a second ticket for free, so be sure to take someone.

I'll be there. I'll likely be in the press box most of the game, but I will certainly be down around the field before the game and for the first few innings to get some video of LaPorta and Scott Lewis. I'll be a guy with a small handheld HD camera behind homeplate with the camera in the screen.

Post a Comment