Available IPI Books

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Columbus Roster

One note on the Kinston roster, outfielder John Allman has replaced Jason Denham. It is believed that Denham has been released.

Anyway, here is the Opening Day Columbus Clippers roster:

Rotation: Jack Cassel (RHP), David Huff (LHP), Aaron Laffey (LHP), Kirk Saarloos (RHP), Jeremy Sowers (LHP)

Bullpen: Greg Aquino (RHP), Vinnie Chulk (RHP), Matt Herges (RHP), John Meloan (RHP), Tomo Ohka (RHP), Rich Rundles (LHP), Tony Sipp (LHP)

Catchers: Chris Gimenez (C), Wyatt Toregas (C)

Infielders: Michael Aubrey (1B), Jordan Brown (1B), Wes Hodges (3B), Andy Marte (3B), Luis Valbuena (2B), Wilson Valdez (SS)

Outfielders: Michael Brantley, Stephen Head, Matt LaPorta

Note, the roster is one player short of the Triple-A limit of 24 players, and I think a middle infielder was left off the listing I received. The missing player likely is Andy Cannizaro or Jesus Merchan.

2 comments:

What about Juan Salas? Why isn't he on the roster instead of Aquino or Ohka?

Good question about Salas. I don't know where he is other than he is on the minor league reserve list. I never saw him in my ten days out at spring training, and he did not pitch in a minor league spring game since March 21st when he threw 10 pitches and lasted just a third of an inning. The fact he was taken out of the middle of an inning on just ten pitches to me implies he is hurt, but there has been no announcement of an injury which is odd. The fact he is on the reserve list to me may imply something else is going on behind the scenes from a personal standpoint or between him and the team. I will see if I can dig up something more.

Post a Comment