Available IPI Books

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Mysterious Whereabouts of Salas

I just realized thanks to a comment on my Columbus roster posted on my blog yesterday that Juan Salas is MIA. He is not on their Opening Day roster, and it never occurred to me that really since March 21st he has been missing from Indians camp. He was optioned out on March 19th, pitched in a minor league spring game on March 21st and only threw a third of an inning and ten pitches before being removed. Since that game, he has never been seen. I was out at the complex for ten days and never saw him once, though I am not familiar with what he looks like. That said, I never saw a jersey with "Salas" on the back....and more importantly he never pitched in any of the minor league spring games for the two weeks after that last appearance.

Apparently, he is on the minor league reserve list. There has been no official move to the disabled list for anything (yet). The fact he was taken out of the middle of an inning on just ten pitches and has not pitched since to me implies he is hurt, but there has been no announcement of an injury which is odd. The fact he is on the reserve list to me may instead imply something else is going on behind the scenes from a personal standpoint or something came up between him and the team. I'll see if I can dig up more on him, though I have a feeling the fact nothing has been said of his whereabouts may be on purpose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment