Available IPI Books

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Clip and Dirty: 4/8/10

As often as I can, I will post a quick, couple paragraph summary with spotty statistics, coarse analysis and wild innuendo about your 2010 Columbus Clippers. I’d like to introduce: The Clip and Dirty.

Team Stats: 17 Runs, 19 hits, 9XBH, Team OPS: 1.418
Happy Birthday Carlos Santana! We will be running out of superlatives to describe his play very soon. Jason Heyward… who? Please, we prefer multiple home runs on Opening Day here in Columbus.

Team Stats: 4(4) R(ER), 1.56 WHIP, 11:4 K:BB
Carlos Carrasco (5.2 IP, 3(3) R(ER), 8H, 1BB (2 HBP), 8K) was about what we have come to expect: good K:BB, good GB:FB, inefficient and middling results. One day Carrasco is going to stop giving up the cheapies, tighten his pitch count and approach, and finally figure this whole thing out...I just hope I’m there to see it.

All in all, not too shabby of an Opening Day, I like the fact that I claimed that the Clippers were going to score runs in my preseason write-up and they hang a 17-spot in the opener. On pace to score 2,400+ runs and anything less would be a disappointment. Rondon hucking tomorrow, get ready for some heavy fastballs and it’s only 11 days until Jess Todd’s birthday, so expect him to pick up a bat and use it to bludgeon Indianapolis’ beleaguered pitching staff again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment