Available IPI Books

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2009 Indians 23rd Round Pick: LHP Daniel Jimenez

In the 23rd round, the Cleveland Indians select: LHP Daniel Jimenez - John A LOgan College (IL), 6'2" 205 lbs, DOB 09/23/1989.

UPDATE (5:55 PM EST): Jeff Ellis
Danny Jiminez is a left handed pitcher out of John A Logan CC. He was rated the 9th best prospect in Illinois by Baseball America. He is a left handed freshman according to his college. This is curious to me as freshmen aren’t normally in the draft even from Juco’s I thought. From the video I found he seems to throw in the 80's on all of his pitches. Try as I might he still remains a bit of a mystery to me, and I was unable to find anymore info. Video of him pitching

1 comments:

Danny was the #1 JUCO prospect in the state of Illinois. He has a high 80's low 90's fast ball usually ranging from about 88-91 mph. To my knowledge, he's been clocked as high as 93 or 94 in showcases. Also has a low 70's curve, and is improving his changeup.

Post a Comment